Wednesday, November 07, 2007

The Solution


Swobo Bikes
I wanted to get a road bike, but this might be the closest I can handle.

"The Sanchez is a $599 fixed-gear track bike outfitted with flat bars for the street and the no-brakes, no-coasting fixie groove, but it comes with a "flip-flop" freewheel-compatible hub and a fork drilled to take a front brake."


I'll puss out and get a front brake, because I'm not a hipster bike messenger. And the clincher is that there's a bottle opener in the seat. Here's a review in the Marin Independent.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just so you know, using a brake, in no way is pussing out.
Its kinda like using your head.

Brakes help you stop. Stopping occasionally prevents you from dieing.

refer to http://bikesnobnyc.blogspot.com/ for the full skinny on this subject matter.

Lacubrious said...

Sorry I confused everyone with my clever use of sarcasm. That, and I'm a huge fan of stopping, occasionally.